A helping hand for your pregnancy and your body.
MomsFirst is a program for pregnant women. The goal is to reduce the number of babies that pass away before they are one year old. We recruit women, up to 33 weeks, with high risk pregnancies and women who have experienced a pregnancy or infant loss. The objective of the program is to reduce infant mortality and improve low birth weight of newborns. Serving moms who are residents of Central, Kinsman, and Broadway-Slavic Village neighborhoods of Cleveland, Ohio. We are also taking all referrals for eligible residents of the city of Cleveland. Moms stay in the program until baby reaches 18 months or up to one year for women who have had a loss. Operating Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
MomsFirst PROVIDES HOME VISITS AND SOCIAL SUPPORT AS FOLLOWS:
- Assistance in selecting a doctor.
- Assistance in making and getting to appointments with the doctor.
- Connections with medical, social service providers, and systems.
- Provides answers to questions about prenatal, postpartum, and infant care, birth control, family planning, and safe sleep along with other important topics.
MomsFirst IS A FREE SERVICE. THE QUALIFICATIONS FOR SERVICE ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Must be a resident of the city of Cleveland.
- Must be less than 33 weeks pregnant or has experienced a loss within the last six months.
- Must be high risk, which is determined by the MomsFirst assessment at enrollment.
Funding Provided in Part By City of Cleveland – Department of Public Health, and the generous individual contributions of people like you.